Instruction: ADPOL SYSTEM
Site assembly fitting instruction for woodwork by ADPOL SYSTEM: windows and terrace doors
The correct fitting and adjusting operation of woodwork window is very important for its further functoning as the building process itself. It is recomanded to fit a window in a wall opening before plastering the lateral sides of a window opening and after the plaster is put on walls from both sides and ceeling. Before puting the final plaster on the lateral sides of opening, the interior surfaces of woodwork should remain coverd with eg. popular plywood panel, a poliuretan film, thick paper or a appropriate band. The protecting band should be adeqate to acrylic paints.The inside humidity conditions, while the window is fit in, should resemble natural conditions according to POLSKA NORMA PN-EN205 /recomanded standard/.
The horizontal level and vertical line of all windows on each floor and an integral facade view must be fixed- clearly indicated, before placing the first woodwork window into the wall opening. This is in order to obtain the unique vertical and horizontal windows sequences after fitting all windows into a facade:
- Take the casements out off the window frame
fit the window frame into a wall opening
- adjust the frame in three directins: horizontaly and verticaly paying attention to keep equal slots between the woodwork and sides of the wall opening around a frame- 1cm minimum.( schemes 1;2) In case of an external jumb, the slot between the woodwork and jumb should also be 1 cm minimum.(scheme 3)
- the window frame is fitted in a wall opening by means of wedges, which should be placed close to the metal attachments of woodwork to wall, and close to the woodwork angle tenons junction.
Type of material that walls are build of, type of the house construction and cosequently edges of wall openings, determin the manner in which the woodwork should be fited:
- ceramic bricks, concrete: metal anchors,
- cellular concrete, cavity brick, chequer brick: screws,
- foamed polystyrene( other thermic isolations): metal anchors.
While using metal screwed anchors, fix or temporar wedges should be applied.
- wedges and dowels are placed 15 -: 20 cm from the frame`s angle.
- quantity of wedges and dowels applied is due to the window dimentions, the distance between wedges should not be bigger than 60 cm,( scheme 4)
- the frame element with hinges should be fascend to a wall by a supplementary metal anchor or a dowel.
- screwing and tighting of metal anchors should not cause frame deformation. Before final tighting of screws, wooden dowels should be applied under the tighted screw anchor.
- put casements into the window frame and chack theirs corect functioning: closing and opening.
- a window fited in properly does not need any adjustment, however if regulation operation is needed, the adjustments should be done on the wearing iron fitting surroundings paying attantion to the following elements:
- maximal swep- frame versus casement (abaxial hitches),
- adjustment of hinges in the possition “middle” of range,
- uniform disposition of the clump contact ( 5-:6 mm) all- around between frame and casement.
- In case, where the distance between oryginal woodwork tenon junctions is longer than 150 cm (external doors, balcony and terrace doors and mobile poste), mechanic or fixed wooden strenthening bars inside a frame should be applied while puting the foam packing around in tha gap.
All flexible and elastic materials are packing materials for the gaps between window frame and wall. Most adviced flexible material for this purpose is foamed poliuretane and silicon. When using the foamed poliuretane, following elements should be taken into account: exterior temperature, air humidity, thickness of the gap, foams expantion increase, time of hurdening as well as its elasticity after hurdening.
- Avoid applying the foamed poliuretane on entire frame width( see remarcs above). The foam after expanssion should not flow out the frames edge.
- after the first amount of foamed poliuretane is hurdened, wadges and dowels should be taken away.
- Chack the inside dimentions, eventual sweep, horizontality and verticality, and make corrections if needed.
- The overflow amount of foamed poliuretane should be cut off with a knife,(scheme 5)and than the cracks filled with silicon (ceramic surfaces). Different packing materials than listed above can be also used, but the inner side must always be packed with more tight material than the external side".
After the packing process is finished, the correct functioning of a window should be chacked again, with necessary adjustment operations and retouch painting- reparing the vernish demages appeared eg. during transport
- sweep -foreward, sweep- back:
- sweep out of plomb or horizontality 2mm/ 1m but not more than 3 mm in all
- difference in dimentions of opposite elements: 1mm
- difference in diagomals inside a window frame: 2mm.
Necessary tools and materials:
- Foamed polyurethan in spray,
- Paper adhesive band for acrylic paint covers,
- Mason`s level equipment.
Information source materials:
- Techical Approval ITB no AT-15 -5890/2003
- Standard PN - EN 205